Foundational Athletic Movement Examination
FAME is a measurement and training tool that aims to improve athletic performance and reduce injuries so the soccer player can have a full and competitive season. FAME was created and developed in house by physiotherapist Darren Pivetta who has many years of experience working with football teams to help them perform at their best and recover from injury.This unique assessment and training program is based on real game experience combined with the latest sports science and sports physiotherapy knowledge. Great for coaches, teams and individual players as they benefit from their own customised program to compliment their current training program.
For the best results FAME should be performed with each of the players at the beginning of the soccer season or pre-season. The tool identifies key areas the player and the team as a whole need to focus on both individually and collectively. Then mid-way through the season a retest should be performed to measure the progress/improvements each player has made and adjust training programs accordingly. Many professional teams have this as part of their program and it has resulted in greater performance and reduced injuries – a win-win experience.
Healthy Innovations is dedicated to improving our local sports clubs health and fitness through programs such as FAME. Local sports clubs benefit from our direct involvement with the players by facilitating events and providing professional advice and feedback. This sponsorship model is superior to simply donating because it gives HI exposure in the community and provides a level of service that in most cases is cost prohibitive to the club and players.
- Typically, Healthy Innovations offers sporting teams or individuals committed to improving their season, opportunities to run through the FAME program.
- Once the team or individual has completed the FAME assessment they can access their results via the FAME results page.
- An email will be sent out to each participant informing them of the availability of their results.
- Once the individual has reviewed their results they can then print out a customised program that they can work on for the next few months.
We strongly recommend that the test be repeated mid-season so the team/players can determine their progress and any further/different areas they need to concentrate on for the remainder of the season.
As part of the preparation to hold a FAME event (where more than 5 people will be participating/tested) we will require the following:
- A suitable space – usually your home oval or an area of flat grassy land
- Volunteers – needed to collect data, time participants and help where necessary
- Full details of all participants – this can be collected on the night but is preferable to get the names before the event
- Suitable attire – sporting gear for participants and comfortable clothes for volunteers
- One-on-one sessions or small groups (< 6) will be performed by a single assessor on an appointment basis.
All equipment will then be supplied by Healthy Innovations and a mutually agreed location will be organised.
FAME tests occur over 10 stations where abilities are determined, recorded and kept for future comparison. Each of the 10 tests are described in much greater detail HERE. FAME tests takes approximately 1 hour to complete. The players can then access their results on the Healthy Innovations website from approximately one week following the assessment.
Please call our reception for costs and available appointment times to run the test. Community teams are able to benefit from our services for free if pre-arranged with the management of Healthy Innovations.
Want More Info on FAME?